The spinning rod is one of the most popular recent innovations for fishermen everywhere. This type of rod is ideal for lakes, rivers and streams and is well known for its ability to cast a lighter lure. But what is the best spinning rod for 2022 under 100 dollars?
Spinning rods are typically used to catch smaller sized fish, but it’s definitely posssible to land a larger fish with proper line and a strong rod.
While spinning rods are very popular, they’re still extremely affordable. Fishermen are constantly searching for the most economical way to be successful on the water. Our list of the best spinning rods for under $100 will be sure to help!
How to Shop for the Best Spinning Rod for Under $100 – A Spinning Rod Buying Guide
With all the options for spinning rods today, it can be difficult to decide which is best for you. Our spinning rod reviews below will attempt to help with that. Before making your selection, it makes sense to learn some of the common factors amongst spinning rods. This will help narrow what you need and help you find the best spinning rod for you at an affordable price. Here’s what to consider when reviewing spinning rods under $100:
Most spinning rods will use some combination of carbon fiber, fiberglass, and graphite for the main rod. These materials are the best when it comes to durability and strength. Plus, they have the added bonus of resisting corrosionâ€”a must have feature in any fishing rod! This allows helps when fishing in saltwater, which can be much more harmful to your gear.
One piece, Two-piece, or Telescopic?
Two-piece and telescopic rods are generally more portable thanks to their ability to separate. With that said, one piece rods are often stronger. You’ll typically have less issues with a one piece rod as well, since there are simply less parts that can break.
You ask yourself what’s more important – portability or strength.
Rod length can definitely impact your ability to catch fish and be comfortable on the water. Many anglers nowadays agree that 6.5-7ft is ideal for bass fishing. With that said, this can still vary based on your height and size.
Generally speaking, the longer you want to cast, the longer your rod should be. Keep this in mind along with your lures and size.
P.S. If budget is a big concern for you, check out our reviews of the best fish finders for the money here.
Our Reviews of the Best Spinning Rod for Under $100
This spinning rod is fantastic for any fishing type. It’s a very versatile rod with good design, portability and high duyou can’t complain about this rod. It can catch a wide range of fish successfully.
- Extremely portable
- Easy to use
- Lightweight but durable
- Great value for under $100
- Feels flimsy compared to more expensive, heavier rods
- Portable and very easy to carry
- Made of high-density carbon fiber material
- Fiberglass and stainless steel
- Ceramic inserts
- Closed length: 12.2 inches
- Opened length: 4.9 feet
- Fishing Rod Reel Combos and Nessary Accessories for...
- THE ROD:High Density Carbon Fiber Mixed with Fiberglass Make...
- THE REEL:This Reel Has 13 + 1 Corrosion Resistant Smooth...
- Light Weight and Portable, Easily Fits in Car Trunk, Boat or...
If you are spending under $100, there really is nothing to complain about with the model. It does everything you ask of it and is super easy to transport.
We would avoid this rod for larger fish due to the flimsiness of the guides. It’s common for them to have issues, but for smaller sized fish, this gets the job done.
- Comfortable cork handles
- Great for long days and trips.
- Strong body
- Good value for the price
- Guides tend to snap with larger fish
- 35 percent more graphite than comparable models
- Combination of fiberglass and graphite
- Comfortable handles
- Stainless steel Ugly Tuff guides
- Clear Tip design
- Line Rating - 8-17 pounds
- Ugly Tech Construction with added graphite for lighter...
- Ugly Tuff one piece stainless steel guides provide maximum...
- xposed blank style reel seats with cushioned stainless steel...
#3: Shimano Talavera – Best Inshore Spinning Rod Under $100
There’s a reason Shimano is so well known in the fishing world. They make good quality equipment, and this spinniing rod is no different. It’s a great inshore option for small to medium sized fish – perfect for lakes, rivers and stream.
It’s very durable but maintains a lightweight feel. The performance is excellent for a spinning rod under $100.
- Comfortable cork handles
- One-year warranty
- Good for small to medium sized fish
- Confidence of the Shimano brand
- Some users experienced rod breaks when snagged up
- Good action with medium power
- Graphite reel seat
- Cork rear-grip handles
- Comes with a one-year warranty
#4: Fenwick Eagle – Best Saltwater Spinning Rod Under $100
The Fenwick Eagle is one of the stronger rods in our roundup. It’s perfectly capable of handling medium to large size fish. It offers a very durable construction that puts it atop this list in terms of strength. It’s also resistant to corrosion, making it an awesome option for saltwater fishing.
We’d recommend the Fenwick Eagle for anglers who travel to different bodies of water, routinely fish in saltwater, or want to catch larger sized fish.
- One of the strongest rods on the lists
- Lightweight for traveling
- Corrosion resistant
- Weak tip
- Burled cork design
- Stainless-steel guides and inserts
- Corrosion resistant materials
- Suitable for small to large fish
- B2 burled cork designs provides the feel of traditional...
- Stainless steel guides with stainless steel inserts are...
- Classic Fenwick Actions- Time tested and proven from the...
The Crixus spinning rod is a solid all around rod for many levels of angler. There is a Crixus fishing rod that is perfect for any freshwater trip. Whether fishing for crappie, panfish, bass fishing, trout fishing, walleye fishing, catfish fishing or salmon fishing, you’ll see a lot of successs with it.
The KastKing Crixus uses specialized handles with exceptional feel, grip, durability and slip resistance in all fishing conditions. Only stainless-steel guide frames with Zirconium Oxide rings are used in all spinning and casting models so they hold up under the pressure of strong fish in both fresh and saltwater conditions. The guides perform flawlessly with fluorocarbon, monofilament or braided fishing lines.
- Versatile rod good for saltwater or freshwater
- Very lightweight
- Strong braided line design
- Good durability
- Not good for larger fish
- Graphite construction
- Stainless steel guides with titanium oxide inserts
- Polymer handles
- KastFlex IM6 Graphite Blanks - Fish like a gladiator!...
- Golf Style SuperPolymer Handle – SuperPolymer handles are...
- Stainless Steel Guides w/Zirconium Oxide Rings – As an...
- 20 Different Models – KastKing Crixus fishing rods are...
Conclusion – The Best Spinning Rod Under 100 Dollars
We complied the list above reviewing the best spinning rods under $100 for multiple different fishing occasions. Consider what your goals are, what you want to catch, where you’ll be traveling and use our list to pick the best rod for you.
Keep the important aspects in mind like the size of the fish, saltwater vs freshwater, the terrain and the other factors we discussed above. At the end of the day, any of the options above would be solid investments. Now go catch something!